- Download the Business Case Template.
- Scope – this will cover IPART Reviews that are likely to be high profile or have the potential to be contentious.
- The CEO must approve the Business Case and the Procurement Manager must approve the Procurement Method.
Approval must be obtained from the CEO for the approval of the Business Case prior to seeking quotes.
- Seek quotes.
- Obtain THREE written quotes from suppliers selected from the Performance and Management Service Scheme (PMSS) of Full Qualified Providers through a formal Request for Quote process, in response to a clear and concise specification (written) via the eQuote Portal.
- Use the Standard Form of Agreement by completing the Agreement Details.
- Selection criteria and weightings developed as part of the Business Case must be approved by the Procurement Manager prior to any quotes being sought.
- Convene a Selection Panel that is approved by the CEO with a minimum of two people that:
- Includes the Procurement Manager.
- Each person on the Selection Panel must declare that they have no conflict of interest prior to reviewing the quotes.
- A Probity Auditor may also be appointed (Procurement Manager to advise).
- Evaluate submissions or negotiations and complete Recommendation Report for approval.
- Commencement takes place after the CEO has:
- Approved the recommendation after the quotes have been analysed.
- The contract has been signed.
- The supplier is active on IPARTs Vendor Master File.
- A Purchase Requisition has been submitted to IPART Finance and a Purchase Order (PO) and PO number has been issued to the Supplier.
- For contracts ≥ $150,000 publish information about successful contract, price, evaluation criteria, weighing’s used and completion date on the IPART website.
- Enter information on Contract Register.
- Oversite during the life of the contract, including supplier performance (monitoring milestones, KPI reporting) relationship management (payments, meetings etc.).
- Assess performance, lessons learnt.
- Contract Closure Report.
- Create case for Flow-on Arrangement.