- Download the Business Case Template.
- Preliminary investigation as who are the key suppliers that will deliver your requirement.
- Review of the NSW Government Contract and Prequalification Schemes.
- The Procurement Manager must approve the Procurement Method.
- Approval must be obtained from the CEO for the approval of the Business Case prior to securing quotes.
- Seek quotes.
- Obtain THREE written quotes from suppliers selected from the Performance and Management Service Scheme (PMSS) of Full Qualified Providers through a formal Request for Quote process (RFQ), in response to a clear and concise specification (written) via the eQuote Portal.
- Use the Standard Form of Agreement by completing the Agreement Details.
- Selection criteria and weightings developed as part of the Business Case must be approved by the Procurement Manager prior to any quotes being sought.
- Convene a Selection Panel with a minimum of two people that:
- Includes the Procurement Manager.
- Each person on the Selection Panel must declare that they have no conflict of interest prior to reviewing the quotes.
- Evaluate submissions or negotiations and complete Recommendation Report for approval.
Commencement takes place after the CEO has:
- Approved the recommendation after the quotes have been analysed
- The contract has been signed
- The supplier is active on IPARTs Vendor Master File
- A Purchase Requisition has been submitted to IPART Finance and a Purchase Order (PO) and PO number has been issued to the Supplier
- For contracts ≥ $150,000 publish information about successful contract, price, evaluation criteria, weighing’s used and completion date on the IPART website.
- Enter information on Contract Register.
- Oversite during the life of the contract, including supplier performance (monitoring milestones, KPI reporting) relationship management (payments, meetings etc.).
- Assess performance, lessons learnt.
- Contract Closure Report.
- Create business case for a Flow on Engagement.