From $50,000 to ≤$150,000
- Download the Business Case Template.
- Preliminary investigation as who are the key suppliers that will deliver your requirement.
- Review of the NSW Government Contract and Prequalification Schemes.
Approval must be obtained from the Chief Financial Officer via the submission of your Business Case and prior to any quotes being obtained. As the Chief Financial Officer only has delegation of $150,000, the Chief Executive Officer must approve requirements over $150,000 (D).
- Obtain a minimum of THREE written quotes from Suppliers on the Performance and Management Service Scheme (PMSS) of Full Qualified Providers via the eQuote Portal.
- The Project Manager must use the Standard Form of Agreement by completing the Agreement Details.
- Selection criteria weightings must be approved in the Business Case by the Executive Director (A) prior to quotes being sought.
- As more than one quote is being sought you must convene a Selection Panel of a minimum of two people and ensure:
- Each person has declared that they have no conflict of interest prior to reviewing the quotes
- An independent must sit on the Selection Panel (B)
- As the Chief Financial Officer approves the procurement, up to the $150,000 limit, the Chief Financial Officer must not sit on the Selection Panel (C)
- Evaluate submissions or negotiations and complete Recommendation Report for approval.
- Commencement of Contract can only take place after the responsible Executive Director has:
- Approval of the recommendation is made after the quote(s) have been analysed
- The contract has been signed
- The supplier is active on IPARTs Vendor Master File
- A Purchase Requisition has been submitted to IPART Finance and a Purchase Order (PO) and PO number has been issued to the Supplier
- Complete the contracts register ($30k and over) NSW Government ($150k and over).
- Disclosure template for $150,000 and over.
Oversite during the life of the contract, including supplier performance (monitoring milestones, KPI reporting) relationship management (payments, meetings etc.).
- Assess performance, lessons learnt.
- Contract Closure Report.
- Create Business Case for Flow on Engagement.